Although the range of hosting options becomes bewilderingly complex day-by-day, nothing would match with the services offered by a dedicated server when it comes to offering prolific hosting services.
In simple words, a dedicated server can define as a single server that hosts only a single website. It is a single physical server offering its server resources along with high-level security features to the hosted site without sharing with any others.
Unlike the shared hosting, in a server a hosted website can able to utilize all the server resources like disk space, bandwidth, processor, RAM, etc without sharing.
Pros of the Dedicated Server Hosting
- Reliable: Since a server offers its server resources fully to the hosted single website without sharing, the server connectivity will be best and reliable.
- Flexible: A server offers you an entire physical server for hosting your site alone. Owing to that, you can customize server configuration and install all third apps that are required by your site.
- Powerful: A server can handle high-performance sites with any number of visitors daily.
- Highly Secured: servers are highly secured because of not sharing server space with other sites.
- Easy Customization: With server hosting, site owners can pay for what resources used by their sites. Also, you can extend the server resources at any time. This means you no need to pay for all the available server resources that you nor using for your site.
Cons of the Dedicated Server Hosting
- Cost: When compared with all other hosting types, owing to a dedicated server would cost you a lot. If you are unaware of your site performance then choosing a dedicated server is not a good thing to do.
- Usability: Choosing a dedicated server would be a hectic task if you were not experienced on a handing server before. Besides, it requires daily monitoring and regular server maintenance to ensure server reliability.
- Control: Since a dedicated server offers you full control, there may chance of deleting files by mistakes in such a situation you need to have auto backups to avoid file loss.
- Safety: Unlike other types of hosting, in a dedicated server you are responsible to secure your server. This means you need to take care of installing essential security features like firewalls, antivirus, and so.