Following are the areas we will look into:
- Reliability: Will your website be available 24/7/365 without any downtime?
- Performance: How fast will your website load on HostGator? We will run our own performance tests to analyze this.
- Customer Support: Can you count on their customer support? Will you be able to easily get help when needed?
- Features: Do their features help you easily create and manage your website?
- Pricing: Do they offer the best pricing in industry? Are there any HostGator deals that can save you money?
If you don’t want to go through all the details, then the following is a quick summary of our HostGator review score with our conclusion below it.
|HostGator Review Summary|
|Average load time||1.03 s|
|Average response time||143.4 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
|Start with HostGator|
Bottom line: Want to skip the details? To summarize, we found HostGator to be a reliable and customer friendly hosting service. Their 24/7 customer support is among the best.
That’s why we’ve added HostGator as one of the best WordPress hosting companies.
Let’s jump to the more detail-oriented parts of our HostGator review. This will help you figure out if HostGator is right for your website.
HostGator was founded in 2002 and grew quickly to become one of the biggest hosting companies in the world. You can credit the monstrous growth to their great shared hosting plans, reliable web hosting, and quality customer service.
Today it is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and hosts over 10 million domains. They have 850+ employees that offer around the clock support and serve businesses of all sizes.
Pros and Cons of HostGator
Like every other product and service, each hosting company has its pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of HostGator that we learned.
- Reliable hosting: HostGator guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. If you experience downtime below that, then you will get back one month credit on your account.
- Generous moneyback guarantee: HostGator offers 45 days moneyback guarantee. Normally, web hosting companies do not offer a moneyback guarantee beyond 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing periods will get you the most discount.
- Free migration: HostGator offers free migration service with all new accounts. Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days of signing up.
- Higher monthly pricing Monthly pricing is quite higher than annual plans. You can remedy this by choosing the annual plans as they do offer a 45-day moneyback guarantee.
- Aggressive upselling: You need to review the additional services pre-selected during the sign up process. If you are unsure, then uncheck them anyways. You can always add them later when needed.
Shared Hosting starting at $2.75/mo
Domains: 1 Disk Space: Unlimited Bandwidth: Unlimited Control Panel: Yes Money-back Guarantee: 30 day
Hatchling Plan Now 60% off! Single website One-click WordPress installs Free WordPress/cPanel website transfer Unmetered bandwidth Free SSL certificate Free domain included
Reseller Hosting starting at $19.95/mo
Aluminum Plan Now 43% off! 60 GB disk space 600 GB bandwidth Unlimited websites Free SSL certificate
VPS Hosting starting at $19.95/mo
Snappy 2000 Now 75% off! 2GB RAM 2 core CPU 120 GB SSD Unmetered bandwidth
Dedicated Servers starting at $89.98/mo
Value Server Now 52% off! 4 core / 8 thread Intel Xeon-D CPU 8 GB RAM 1 TB HDD Unmetered bandwidth Linux or Windows OS